Join Us! Support OLOC!
To join, renew, or give an affiliation (formerly known as membership) as a gift:
Usar formulario en línea Próximamente
WATCH FOR IT…
OLOC is proud to announce that Elana Dykewomon, 1949, has been selected as the 2022 recipient of the Martin-Lyon Old Lesbian Pride Award!
OLOC Mission StatementTo eliminate the oppression of ageism and to stand in solidarity against all oppressions.
OLOC Vision Statement
OLOC will be a cooperative community of Old Lesbian feminist activists from many backgrounds working for justice and the well-being of all Old Lesbians.
OLOC in Action
We are a national network of Old Lesbians in our 55th year or older, and our supporters, working to confront ageism in our communities and our country. We use education and public discourse as our primary tools.
Our national organization is directed by a Steering Committee that works to keep OLOC thriving and running as smoothly as possible.
OLOC works to form and support local groups that will work in their own communities.
We hold biennial National Gatherings allowing us to come together to share experiences and ideas and recharge our energies for the tasks at hand.
We believe that we have a great deal of wisdom, experience, and strength to share with our communities as well as among ourselves.
We are dedicated to preserving and enhancing the Lesbian voice as well as increasing Lesbian visibility in a world that stifles it and threatens to erase it.
OLOC Works for Change by Supporting:
- comprehensive immigration reform
- elimination of violence against women
- enactment of universal single-payer healthcare for all
- an end to corporate “personhood”
- an end to any curtailment of voting rights
- the Black Lives Matter movement
- the Say Her Name! movement
- the civil rights of all indigenous people
- efforts to achieve net zero CO2 emissions
- efforts to reduce climate crisis impacts that fall disproportionately on the poor and vulnerable
Old Lesbians Organizing for Change: An International Community of Lesbian Elders stands with #BlackLivesMatter and #SayHerName and all involved in the work for racial, economic, and social justice, including protesters all over the world calling for accountability in every country.