as of 8-25-2017
About the Library:
OLOC is proud of our fine and growing media collection that is available for members and supporters to borrow. The Library is focused on Old Lesbians, although we do have a few selections that feature young Lesbians and/or old women who may or may not be or have been Lesbians, but the films are of interest to Old Lesbians. We also have a few that include men.
Each time the list is updated, it will be posted on this page. There will also be announcements in the OLOC Reporter, available as a PDF by email and in print, and in the monthly OLOC E-News.
How to Borrow or Buy Our Media:
We request a donation of $5 or more per item to cover the costs of mailing. We also ask that you keep films for no longer than two weeks. Check with Susan Wiseheart, our administrator, for possible reduced rates if you want to borrow more than one at a time.
If a film is available in VHS and DVD, please indicate which format you want.
Note that the only disks available for purchase from OLOC are those owned by OLOC in the section called OLOC Herstory. For others, search the internet or a source such as Wolfe Video (owned and staffed by OLOC supporters), the feminist bookstores at oloc.org/resources-2/feminist-bookstores (for special order if necessary), or the film’s website, if it has one.
- For your own printable PDF, go to Media_Library_list.pdf. If you are going to print and want it in color, be sure to instruct your printer to do it in color.
- To request an email list, contact email@example.com for the email PDF version.
- To request a print list, send Susan an SASE with postage for four ounces.
- To pay by check, make it out to OLOC and send to Susan Wiseheart, HC 73 Box 169C, Drury, MO 65638 with your order.
- To order through a PayPal account (direct transfer of funds), use the ‘donate’ button to the right in the sidebar and write “media rental” as the ‘special instructions to the seller’ on the form. Send your order to firstname.lastname@example.org and note that you have paid by PayPal.
- To pay by credit card, use the ‘donate’ button to the right in the sidebar. Write “media rental” as the ‘special instructions to the seller’ on the form. Note that you do not need a PayPal account to use credit cards through PayPal. Another option is to phone Ruth Debra at 760-318-6794 and ask to pay with a credit card over the phone. If it is a hardship for you to pay for the call, use the OLOC toll-free number (888-706-7506) and leave a message with your phone number. There is no caller ID on the 888 number so you must speak the number. Susan will ask Ruth to phone you back.
OLOC Herstory Collection:
Our collection of CDs and DVDs, documenting the story of OLOC as an organization, is rapidly expanding. Our long-time videographer, Cristina Vegas, has worked hard to provide us with many edited and unedited DVDs of our OLOC herstory. We have a whole section of them available for your viewing and/or listening pleasure, with more to come. Copies are also available for purchase. In addition, we have the 2014 Oakland Gathering DVDs and CDs by Helene Rosenbluth of Hungry Mind Productions for rent.
Media and Cash Donations:
Please check with Susan before making any donations of commercial media, as our storage space is limited. But please watch for and send us CDs or DVDs of appearances of individual Lesbians connected with OLOC, such as those in our radio show section or in our Arden Eversmeyer section. A donation of money to purchase new media is also always welcome.
THE LIBRARY LISTING BEGINS ON THE NEXT PAGE.
Documentaries – pages 3-14
Drama – pages 14-15
Activism – pages 15-16
Comedy – pages 16-17
Music on CD – page 17
OLOC Herstory DVD and CD Collection – pages 17-24
Arden Eversmeyer DVD Collection – page 24
OLOC Radio, Audio, and Music CDs – pages 24-26