OLOC is very excited to announce the date and location of our next Gathering!
Old Lesbians Resist and Persist
August 21–25, 2019
Embassy Suites Hilton Hotel
Corporate Exchange Drive
Wednesday, August 21, will be the second Lesbians of Color Day,
How Do You Resist/Persist and What Are Your Plans for the Future?
following the very successful first Intensive in Tampa, Florida in August 2017.
It is free and for Lesbians of Color only.
The full Gathering will open to everyone later in the day.
Planning is in the early stages, so if you have suggestions, send them to email@example.com.
Start thinking about workshop proposals!
The Embassy Suites, with 224 suites, 10 of which are accessible, was renovated in January 2017. The rooms offer 500 square feet of space each (living room with large sofa and separate bedroom), refrigerator, microwave, and 42-inch flat-screen HDTVs.
The rate is $124/night for one or two Lesbians. There is a $10 charge for each Lesbian over two per night. The rooms can easily fit up to six Lesbians (some of the accessible rooms are limited to four womyn). Two beds plus a sleeper sofa can sleep six per room, while one king bed plus a sleeper sofa can sleep four. For six Lesbians, it is $164 for the room per night, or $27.33 each, plus taxes. For four Lesbians, it is $144, or $36 each, plus taxes. The sleeper sofas are not as comfortable as the beds, but they help make attendance more affordable. And don’t forget that financial assistance is available from OLOC, thanks to donations from our members and supporters! Applications will be available soon!
To make your reservations, hop on over to http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/C/CMHCEES-OLC-20190818/index.jhtml.
- Located 15 minutes from Port Columbus International Airport and Ohio State University Airport
- Complimentary shuttle service within five miles, including the airports and Easton Towne Center (indoor/outdoor shopping and dining)
- 4,500 square foot atrium with lush greenery and a water feature
- Free made-to-order breakfast (milk, hot chocolate, tea, herbal tea, coffee, assorted juices, fresh whole and sliced fruits, yogurt, white and wheat breads, bagels, english muffins, cold cereals, hot oatmeal, scrambled eggs, pancakes, french toast, waffles, hash browns, bacon and sausage, biscuits and gravy, and cooked-to-order eggs, egg whites and omelets)
- Free evening reception (soda, coffee, beer, wine, liquors, juices, fresh garden vegetables with dip, cheese and crackers, mixed nuts, chips, and more) in the open-air atrium
- Full-service restaurant
- Complimentary WiFi
- Walking track and fitness center
- Complimentary parking
In addition to the free food mentioned above, OLOC will have a hospitality room stocked with snacks, fresh fruits, and lots more yummies—also free! You can eat there during workshops and when there are no full-group events happening, as well as after the evening activities!
Indoor Portion of the Pool (there is also an outdoor portion)
To learn more about the hotel, check out Embassy Suites!
There will be much more information available as the time gets closer.
We hope to see you in Columbus!